The City of Corner Brook, as part of its plan towards full sewage treatment and in accordance with Government of Canada wastewater regulations, is continuing with its program of separating existing combined sewers to separate sanitary and storm systems. This separation will reduce the volume of storm water flows conveyed to the future wastewater treatment plant.
The work will take place on Cobb Lane, Marcelle Avenue, Hammond Drive and Birch Avenue and will include the rehabilitation and/or replacement of underground services and road upgrading.
More specifically, the works will entail:
- Replacement of existing 150 mm water main with a 200 mm water main.
- Replacement of existing combined sewer with new separate sanitary and storm sewer systems.
- Install new sanitary, storm and water laterals to residential properties.
- Subgrade excavation and backfill where required.
- New asphalt pavement structure including granulars.
- New curb and gutter.
The design will be carried out to accommodate connection and co-ordination of future phases of work.
The City of Corner Brook would like to thank you for your cooperation and apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
– Construction will take place from May 22 to November 2017
– Construction Costs for Phase 1 is approximately $3.3 million
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
City of Corner Brook