The City of Corner Brook wishes to advise the public that a two water main breaks occurred overnight in the area of:
- Elizabeth Street
City crews have been on the scene of the water breaks overnight and working towards resolution. The Corner Brook Fire Department are activating their emergency water outage plan to ensure water availability in the event of a fire incident.
Effective immediately, the City of Corner Brook wishes to advise residents and businesses that a road closures has been scheduled for today, Saturday, January 13th, 2018, for approximately 8 to 14 hours. This road closures is necessary due to flooding and road maintenance and to make repairs to the water distribution system.
Area to be affected:
- O’Connell Drive will be closed to through traffic from the intersection of Country Road to the intersection of Walbourne’s Road
- Philip Drive will be closed to through traffic from the intersection of Elizabeth Street to the intersection of Gushue Place
- Elizabeth Street will be closed to through traffic from the intersection of Beothuck Crescent to the intersection of Grenfell Drive
- Elizabeth Street will be closed to through traffic from the intersection of Union Street to the intersection of Charles Street
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory
- Effective Saturday, January 13th, 2018, the City of Corner Brook wishes to advise residents and businesses in the following areas that a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory is in effect due to repairs to the water distribution system.
Areas to be affected are as follows:
- Elizabeth Street #’s 1 to 75
- Philip Drive to the intersection of Gushue Place
- Gushue Place
- Beothuck Crescent
- Charles Street
Due to the time required for testing to confirm water quality in the systems, the boil water advisory is expected to remain in effect until further notice.
The City asks motorists to avoid the affected areas and to use an alternative route when possible.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the patience and cooperation of residents as we work towards resolution and logging all of your calls.
Information Officer | City of Corner Brook
709-637-1662 | firstname.lastname@example.org
January 13, 2018: For Immediate Release