Want to contribute to beautifying Corner Brook and keeping it clean? Looking to earn extra funds for your group, organization, or team?
Mark your calendars as Trash for Cash 2019 is on May 25th!
The City of Corner Brook will be offering online registration again this year and
participants will be paid between $50 and $75 per kilometre of roadside cleaned.
How it Works:
Take a look at our List of Clean-Up Locations and identify the locations you wish to clean up.
- Maps of each region/area can be found below:
- Rabbit Zone (Curling Area)
- Eagle Zone (Mount Bernard/O’Connell Drive Area)
- Beaver Zone (University Drive Area)
- Pine Martin Zone (West Valley and West Street Area)
- Whale Zone (Riverside Drive and Humber Area)
- Caribou Zone (Lewin Parkway Area)
- Moose Zone (Maple Valley, Confederation Drive, and Lewin Parkway Area)
- Bear Zone (Lewin Parkway and Griffin Drive Area)
- Partridge Zone (Broadway and Cook’s Lookout Area)
- Lynx Zone (Lundrigan Drive Area)
- Puffin Zone (Country Road and Poplar Road Area)
- Each region/area is identified by a Newfoundland animal. You do not have to take on all the streets in the region. Simply identify the animal and road color for your preferred location(s) in your application.
- You can have more than one location and they are allocated on a first-come, first serve basis.
- The City of Corner Brook reserves the right to limit allocations and make changes, depending on participation.
- Register your team/organization through the online form. Submit your registration by May 22nd.
- On the 25th of May, get your team together and clean up all garbage on both sides of the road, including gutters and immediate green spaces. Leave the full garbage bags on the side of the road for pickup by Public Works.
- Join us at City Hall Square at 12:00pm for a bbq and prize draw!
- You’ll receive a cheque in the mail for all of your hard work. The community and the City of Corner Brook thanks you for all of your help!
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Andrew King, Sustainable Development Technician at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 637-1630.