Registration is now closed.
Want to contribute to beautifying Corner Brook and keeping it clean? Looking to earn extra funds for your group, organization, or team? The City of Corner Brook is pleased to now offer online registration for the 2018 Trash for Cash initiative, taking place on May 26th! Participants will be paid between $50 and $75 per kilometer of roadside cleaned.
How it Works:
- Take a look at our List of Clean-Up Locations and identify the locations you wish to clean up. Maps of each region/area can be found below:
- Rabbit Zone (Curling Area)
- Eagle Zone (Mount Bernard/O’Connell Drive Area)
- Beaver Zone (University Drive Area)
- Pine Martin Zone (West Valley and West Street Area)
- Whale Zone (Riverside Drive and Humber Area)
- Caribou Zone (Lewin Parkway Area)
- Moose Zone (Maple Valley, Confederation Drive, and Lewin Parkway Area)
- Bear Zone (Lewin Parkway and Griffin Drive Area)
- Partridge Zone (Broadway and Cook’s Lookout Area)
- Each region/area is identified by a Newfoundland animal. You do not have to take on all the streets in the region. Simply identify the animal and road color for your preferred location(s) in your application.
- You can have more than one location and they are allocated on a first-come, first serve basis. The City of Corner Brook reserves the right to limit allocations and make changes, depending on participation.
- Register your team/organization through the online form. Submit your registration by May 23rd.
- On the 26th of May, get your team together and clean up all garbage on both sides of the road, including gutters and immediate green spaces. Leave the full garbage bags on the side of the road for pickup by Public Works.
- Join us at the City Hall Square for a BBQ and prizes at 3:30pm! There will be door prizes, prizes for the most unique and most useful item found, and $100 prizes for the golden lucky cup!
- You’ll receive a cheque in the mail for your work.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Annette George, Manager of Community Services at email@example.com or telephone 637-1552.