The Corner Brook Fire Department is reaching out to citizens this month as part of the annual Fire Prevention Week awareness campaign to relay the importance of being prepared in case of fire.
This year’s Fire Prevention Week theme is ‘Every second counts, have two ways out,’ which puts a spotlight on the importance of having a back-up plan if the first choice of a fire escape plan is no longer an option.
There’s no time to figure out how to escape AFTER a fire starts. That’s why it is so important to develop and practice a home fire escape plan BEFORE there’s a fire.
Your home escape plan shall include:
- Working smoke alarms on every story.
- A working carbon monoxide alarm outside every sleeping area.
- Two ways out of every room.
- Who needs assistance to get out of your home.
- A meeting place in front of your home.
Plan Now, Not Tomorrow!
Click on the following posters:
Home Safety Apartment Safety Home Safety Checklist