City council approved new animal regulations on October 16, 2017
The most notable changes
- All dogs aged 3 months or older must be licensed.
- A dog licences is good for 3 years and will expire on December 31 on the third year.
- No person or persons shall be the Owner of more than five animals of which a maximum of three (3), can be dogs, in any single residential in the City without first obtaining a written permit from the City.
- Dogs are not permitted to be off the owner’s property without being on a leash.
- The Dog License Fee is $25.00 for three years.
- If Dog has microchip and number, the registration fee shall be reduced by $5.00.
- If Dog Owner provides proof that dog has been spayed or neutered, fee shall be reduced by $10.00 fee
To license your dog, complete and submit form http://www.cornerbrook.com/animal-control/ and pay the fee at City Hall.