Due to the City’s annual flushing program, all residents and businesses in the following areas may experience low water pressure and discoloration of water for the next two (2) weeks, commencing Tuesday Sept 18, 2018. The City of Corner Brook regrets any inconvenience that this may cause area residents.
The areas to be affected are:
- West Valley Road from Humber Park to West Street and all side roads
- West Street and all side roads
- Central Street
- Reid Street #’s 1 to 90 and all side roads
- East Valley Road from #1 to the intersection of Central Street
- North Street #’s 1 to 44
- Main Street and all side roads
- Humber Road #’s 1 to 27 and all side roads
- Mt. Bernard Avenue and all side roads
- Wellington Street from the intersection of Mt. Bernard Avenue to Citadel Drive
- Broadway and all side roads
- Valley Road #’s 21 to 63 and all side roads
- Prince Street and all side roads
- Caribou Road from the intersection of Broadway to West Avenue
The annual flushing program is done each year to ensure water mains are clear of sediment in order to provide the best water quality possible to homes and businesses.
Some customers may experience discolouration in the water for a short period while this flushing work is done. If you do have discolouration, please run your cold water tap until the water runs clear.
The City of Corner Brook would like to thank you for your cooperation and apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. Residents can visit the City’s official website, www.cornerbrook.com, at any time to receive current information on the annual flushing program.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Keith Costello, P.Tech
Superintendent of Water and Wastewater Division