As a part of the City of Corner Brooks ongoing commitment to the Combined Sewer Separation Project, an independent assessment of trees was completed on Lower West Valley Road.
This assessment of forty-four (44) trees highlighted eleven (11) trees that were at risk of failure and are proposed for removal in the area based on the assessment. Seven (7) of the trees have currently been removed with the others scheduled for this fall.
The City of Corner Brook is committed to enhancing the landscape and values the many environmental, public health, welfare and socio-economic benefits trees provide to our community. The City asks for the community’s understanding and patience through the continued project work and we ask the public to use caution in the area. Updates will be posted through the website (www.cornerbrook.com), Facebook and Twitter page and the e-mail list.
Due to the extensive construction efforts, brief traffic delays and detours will be expected throughout the duration of the work. The City of Corner Brook kindly asks motorists to obey all detour signage, reduce speeds, and be respectful to fellow motorists and flag persons.
To subscribe and receive updates https://www.cornerbrook.com/email-updates/
As per the Tree Replacement Policy, replanting of appropriate tree species is a priority. The level of reinstatement required will be determined and tree reinstatement will take into consideration the location, the significance, the biodiversity provision and the amenity of the tree.
TD Tree Day: Recent tree planting included fifty (50) maple trees and pine seedlings in the Bartlett’s Ave and Conners Road area.
- Policy: Tree Replacement Policy https://www.cornerbrook.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Tree-Replacement-Policy.pdf
- Tree Valuation Backgrounder https://www.cornerbrook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Tree-Evaluation-backgrounder.pdf
- Public Notice: Combined Sewer Separation Phase 1-Cobb Lane Area: https://www.cornerbrook.com/2017/05/public-notice-combined-sewer-separation-phase-1-cobb-lane-area/
- Public Notice: Combined Sewer Separation Phases 2–Notification of resuming work https://www.cornerbrook.com/2018/05/public-notice-combined-sewer-separation-phases-2-notification-of-resuming-work/
- Media Advisory: Phase 3 of the Combined Sewer Separation project Road Closure – West Valley Road, Park Street, Central Street https://www.cornerbrook.com/2018/06/road-closure-west-valley-road-park-street-central-street/
CONTACT: Bonita Decaire Information Officer ⁞
City of Corner Brook
709-637-1662 ⁞ firstname.lastname@example.org
1:15 p.m. September 19, 2018