Construction is scheduled to begin this week on the splash pad on the south side of Margaret Bowater Park. The family friendly splash pad will feature approximately 100 square metre play surface. The splash pad will include age-progressive play areas throughout the site: play structures for the young and older children will be spaced out in a manner that will allow for greater safety and easier supervision
The splash pads estimated cost is $250,000.
Initial groundwork is planned to begin later this week for site testing by our Public Works, Water & Wastewater Department. The supply of this equipment is currently being tendered with a closing date of October 2nd. Final completion is expected for the beginning of summer 2019.
Visitors to the park are asked to observe any signage and fencing and ensure children remain a safe distance from any construction.
- The splash pad is oval shaped and will feature approximately 100 square metre (1,060 square foot) play surface
- Twelve (12) spray features in three separate play areas – Toddler, Family & Teen
- Anti-slip textured surface coating
- Accessible play structures and elements
- Collection and cleaning system to allow for recirculation of water to reduce water consumption
Information Officer, City of Corner Brook
1:30 p.m. September 19, 2018