The City commissioned MQO Research to conduct an impartial Citizen Survey. The study purpose was to establish baseline information about citizens’ attitudes and perception of City services, customer service, taxation, and ways to improve the quality of life for residents.
Telephone interviews were conducted with 400 randomly selected residents between August 31-September 16.
On Tuesday, October 30 2018, the Citizen Survey results were presented and feedback was collected to guide the 2019 Budget.
The results of the survey will be used to help guide Council in its decision making. The citizens survey forum was an opportunity for results to help Council set goals and strategies to meet the changing need and expectations of residents.
A telephone methodology was used for this study with both active landline and cellular numbers making up the sampling frame.
- The survey was conducted between August 30th and September 18th.
- A total of 400 surveys were completed at random across the City of Corner Brook
- The questionnaire was designed by MQO Research and the City of Corner Brook. The average survey length was approximately 12 minutes.
- The final results were weighted by age and gender based on the most recent census data.
- Results are presented at the overall level with key differences by demographic sub-groups (e.g. age, gender) noted throughout.
- Tabular results by all key demographics are presented separate to this report.
- For all rating questions (1-10 scale) ratings of 8 or higher are presented (ratings of 7 are also shown separately in some instances).
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY City of Corner Brook – Citizen Survey