The municipal overnight winter parking ban will be in effect this season from December 1st, 2018, through May 1st, 2019.
In accordance with the City of Corner Brook, traffic regulations:
- Overnight parking on City streets is not permitted from December 1st, 2018 to May 1st, 2019 from the hours of 12:00 am to 8:00 am.
Vehicles parked on the street during an overnight parking ban may be ticketed and towed. This measure is necessary in order to allow for efficient and safe snow removal and ice control operations.
Additionally, officers will be ticketing vehicles obstructing sidewalk clearing. Vehicles extended out of a driveway or parked on the sidewalk are prone to damage and become a dangerous obstacle for city crews. Such obstacles prevent crews from clearing the sidewalks properly, which can also become an accessibility issue.
Think Before You Park This Winter – it will help make the season a little easier on everyone.
The City would like to thank motorist in advance for their continued support in making our streets safer through the winter season.
Important reminder to all property owners:
- Drive to the conditions –SNOW MEANS SLOW!
- DO NOT clear snow from your property onto the street or sidewalk. This can create unsafe driving conditions.
- Please be patient and give the snow plows room and right of way.
- Make sure boundary markers comply with regulations.
- Please clear snow from around hydrants near your property to assist with a faster response time in case of an emergency.
- Playing in roadway snow banks can be dangerous
- Planters, lawn decorations and any other moveable objects near the sidewalk should be removed before the winter season.
More information on our snow removal efforts can be found on the City of Corner Brook website, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Information Officer ⁞ City of Corner Brook
709-637-1662 ⁞ email@example.com
15:50 November 21, 2018