Corner Brook Transit, operated by Murphy Brother Ltd, has been taking precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while also providing this important service.
The situation has been developing quickly. Effective immediately, the following measures will be in place for the safety of drivers and patrons:
- If riders are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, they will not be permitted aboard the bus.
- Seats within six feet of the driver have been blocked off.
- In order to more easily facilitate social distancing, a new passenger limit of 4 has been put in place.
- Effective Monday, Mar 30th, transit will not operate between 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. to allow for further sanitizing.
- Riders are asked to use Corner Brook Transit for essential trips only.
Buses already undergo thorough cleaning at every opportunity. Further actions may be taken at a later date, and the City of Corner Brook will advise residents at that time.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience during this difficult time. Everyone has a part to play in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.