For the information of residents: Beginning June 1, 2020, and lasting until October 31, 2020, All Terrain Vehicles will be allowed to operate on the following roadways in The City of Corner Brook:
- Riverside Drive.
- Main Street.
- Herald Avenue.
- Pier Road.
- Paved trail between Pier Road and Griffin Drive.
- Petries Street.
- Hilliard’s Road.
They must remain on the designated route, and restrict travel between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. each day. An interactive map of the route and amenities can be found at www.cornerbrook.com/atv-route-of-corner-brook.
Operators must follow these guidelines in order to operate their ATV on the select routes:
- Driver must be at least 16 years of age.
- Driver must possess a driver’s license.
- Driver must possess liability insurance.
- Driver must follow the rules outlined in the Highway Traffic Act and Motorized Snow Vehicle & All-Terrain Vehicle Act.
Rules of the road for ATVs:
- 40km/hr on paved roadways.
- 20km/hr on pathways.
- No modifications to mufflers to make it sound louder.
- Yield right-of-way to other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Dirt bikes, trikes, and other 2-3 wheeled motorized vehicles are prohibited.
If an ATV operator comes up on a bicycle rider, runner or walker, they must wait until it is safe to pass and then do so with at least one metre of space. If a car comes up on an ATV operator, they must wait until it is safe to do so and then pass with at least one metre of space.
ATV operators who wish to visit Corner Brook are reminded to follow Provincial COVID-19 guidelines concerning travel within the province.