Spring Cleanup for the City of Corner Brook has been re-scheduled to May 25–June 5. This service was postponed to give the City of Corner Brook time to work with our contractor, Murphy Brothers Ltd, on a way to ensure the safety of its employees in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are pleased to say it will now take place after only a few weeks of delay.
With safety in mind, we ask that residents do their part by sanitizing bulk-pickup items prior to putting them out.
Spring Cleanup will now take place on the following dates:
- Cleanup week, where residents can put out 6 bags instead of 4 for regular garbage pickup, will occur May 25-29.
- Bulk collection week, where residents can discard larger items, will occur June 1-5.
Curbside giveaway has been cancelled for 2020 due to safety concerns during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Curbside recycling will continue uninterrupted.
For a guide on what will and will not be accepted with Bulk Cleanup, please see below.
What’s Accepted for bulk collection
- Household appliances (refrigerators, stoves, hot water tanks, etc.) Note: any item such as refrigerators or air conditioners must be labeled AODS Free. Anything not properly labeled will not be accepted.
- Household furniture (sofa, chairs, box springs & mattresses, etc.)
- Broken glass (safely packaged)
- Lawn furniture
- Toys (bikes, etc.)
- Small automotive parts (rims, etc.)
- Garden items (branches and grass cuttings)
What’s not Accepted for bulk collection
- Wood (pallets/lumber/trees)
- Hazardous, explosive or toxic waste
- Liquid wastes
- Tires – Residents are advised that under the provincial Governments Used Tire Recycling Program tires cannot be disposed of at the City landfill.
- Automotive parts exceeding 35 kg (77.16 lbs) in aggregate weight
- Construction waste such as defined in the City of Corner Brook Garbage and Refuse By-law (i.e. gyproc, shingles, lumber, windows, doors, concrete, etc.
- Paint products (i.e. all household paint products and containers, paint aerosols of all types and automotive, craft and industrial paint)
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste) (i.e. display devices such as TVs and monitors, desktop printers and scanners, computers and peripherals, home theatre in a box (HTB) systems, cellular and non-cellular telephones, audio and video systems.