The Corner Brook Civic Centre will be reopening its walking track this coming Monday, October 19th at 8:30 a.m.
This is made possible thanks to the diligent work from staff, who were weighing the needs of various user groups and their unique COVID-19 protocols along with the provincial Public Health Measures which will regulate the use of the walking track.
We are pleased to be able to open this facility to the general public once again. The success of the reopening will depend on the cooperation and patience of users during the next few weeks. Below are the guidelines which we have established with the input and cooperation of the Provincial Government, and the Chief Medical Officer of Health. The health and safety of users and staff is our top priority. The City of Corner Brook will continue to monitor provincial guidelines, and will keep you informed of any changes to facility procedures.
For enquiries on the walking track please call 637-1230.
- Doors will open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The schedule is subject to change based on event activities.
- Face masks or shields are recommended for users when they are walking, however it is not mandatory as per the Provincial Guidelines regarding physical activity.
- Face masks or shields are required to be worn by all individuals 5 years and older when entering the facility, unless there is a medical reason a face mask or shield cannot be worn. The face mask or shield must cover the mouth and nose completely.
- Masks are also required when using the seating area.
- There is a MAXIMUM of 30 people permitted on the walking track at one time.
- Some users may be denied entry until others have left.
- No food will be allowed.
- No liquids will be allowed, unless inside a reusable water bottle or mug.
Entering and exiting
- Users must enter and exit through the main Box Office Entrance, with directional signage in place as guidance.
- All users must sign in and review the COVID-19 questions with the employee at the front desk.
- Users displaying symptoms will be asked to leave.
- Users must sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Users must follow directional signage.
- Users that wish to change footwear or leave a jacket must do so at one of the marked seating areas between sections. Access is not permitted in any other area of the building.
Using the Walking Track
- There is no running permitted at this time.
- Walking is only permitted in one direction.
- Users must remain on the track at all times. Walking up and down the bleacher stairs is not permitted.
- Slower walkers are to stay to the inside of the track, next to the railing.
- Passing is permitted where users are walking single file.
- All users are to maintain 2 metres (6 feet) from one another at all times unless using the track with a member of your bubble.
- Washrooms will be open for users of the walking track between sections D and L.
- Civic Centre employees will be scheduled to clean and sanitize the track, including frequently touched surfaces and washrooms, at least twice per day.
- Users are reminded to limit touching surfaces as much as possible, and cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbows when not wearing a mask.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. The Civic Centre Walking Track is subject to the same public health protocols as other buildings in the province, and entry may be denied accordingly. Please read more about these protocols at gov.nl.ca/covid-19 and stay home if you are required to do so, or are symptomatic.
We look forward to welcoming you to the walking track once more!