Beginning December 1, 2020, overnight parking on City streets is NOT permitted from the hours of 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
This measure is necessary for efficient and safe snow removal and ice control operations. Vehicles parked on the street during an overnight parking ban may be ticketed and towed.
Vehicles may also be ticketed for obstructing snow clearing, which could include vehicles that are extended out of a driveway or parked on the sidewalk. In addition to being prone to damage, they can also become a dangerous obstacle for city crews. Obstacles prevent crews from clearing the sidewalks properly, which in turn causes accessibility issues.
The City would like to thank motorists in advance for their continued support in making our streets safer through the winter season.
Important reminder to all residents and motorists:
- Drive to the conditions – SNOW MEANS SLOW!
- DO NOT clear snow from your property onto the street or sidewalk. This can create unsafe driving conditions.
- Please be patient and give the snow plows room and right of way.
- Make sure boundary markers comply with regulations. For more information please see here.
- Please clear snow from around hydrants near your property to assist with a faster response time in case of an emergency.
- Playing in roadway snow banks can be dangerous
- Planters, lawn decorations, garbage receptacles and any other moveable objects near the sidewalk should be removed before the winter season.