From June to October in 2019 and 2020, Corner Brook City Council has allowed the use of Recreational All Terrain Vehicles on certain roads within the City.
In order to better inform decisions regarding the future of the program, we are looking for input from residents and visitors. The thoughts and opinions of ATV users and non-users will be valuable in order to make decisions that positively impact everyone involved.
Participants will have until February 28, 2021 to provide feedback.
Please head to www.cornerbrook.com/atv-survey to add your voice.
We have included a backgrounder and map below for reference.
City of Corner Brook
Office: (709) 637-1662
Cell: (709) 632-8113
The route primarily follows the waterfront with the exception of a venture through Main Street and Broadway for basic amenities. Park St. and West St. have been added as of 2020.
- Riverside Drive.
- Main Street.
- Herald Avenue.
- Pier Road.
- Paved trail between Pier Road and Griffin Drive.
- Petries Street.
- Hilliard’s Road.
- Park St.
- West. St.
- A small portion of Central St. linking West St. and Park St.
- Todd St.
- Chestnut St.
- Confederation Dr.
The use of ATV within the City will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
The following strict conditions are in effect for the operation of ATVs on the route for operators (and passengers where applicable):
- Drivers MUST stay on the designated route only.
- All drivers must obey the Highway Traffic Act and Motorized Snow Vehicle and All-Terrain Vehicles Act.
- The maximum speed is 40 kilometers per hour on the road and 20 kilometers on pathways.
- All ATV/UTVs must be registered, drivers must possess a valid licence, and liability insurance.
- Operators must be at least 16 years of age.
- All ATVs must meet requirements as outlined under provincial legislation. Residents should ensure that their ATVs meet these specifications before operation on roadways.
- ATVs are NOT permitted to operate on public roads between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. on any day of the week.
- ATV operation season will only be in effect from June 01st to October 31st
- An ATV/UTV will be disallowed if it is modified and no longer meets the statutory description, such as the use of high-pressure tires, or muffler modifications.
- Dirt bikes, trikes, and other 2-3 wheeled vehicles are prohibited.
Under the municipal ATV by-law the following types of ATVs are permitted:
- Single-rider ATVs (4 wheeler)
- Two-Up ATVs
- Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTVs)
There is an interactive map below for ATV enthusiasts visiting the City of Corner Brook that outlines the route and amenities. Users can find coffee shops, gas, restaurants and shopping.
The online map provide a diversity of viewing options for exploring Corner Brook’s services, and roads. People can choose from canvas views, street view, topographic map view, terrain map view, or a imagery view.
Use your zoom to see the route and the services