Beginning 11:00 a.m. July 1, 2021, the Margaret Bowater Park outdoor swimming pool will be open to the public. The hours of operation will be 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily. The canteen is once again open this year and will be operated by the Humber Valley Employment Corporation. Washrooms will open at 8:00 a.m. and the Splash pad is now beginning operation at 9:00 a.m. daily.
The public are asked to read these points carefully before visiting Margaret Bowater Park to swim:
- Users will be required to wash or sanitize their hands before entering the pool/ deck area.
- In order to swim, users must line up and wait their turn while practicing physical distancing.
- If there is a line-up of waiting users, swim time will be limited to 20 minutes.
- When someone is done swimming they must immediately vacate the deck area.
- There will be a maximum of 40 people allowed within the pool/deck area. A parent and their child count as two people.
- There will be a maximum of 20 people allowed within the kiddie pool area. A parent and their child count as two people.
- There will be no lounging allowed on the pool deck.
- Lifejackets are encouraged for those who need them, however all other personal belongings are not allowed in the pool area.
- Most importantly, if you or someone you know are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit until you are feeling better.
The City of Corner Brook is pleased to be able to once again offer access to this beautiful outdoor space. Signage will be posted to remind users of these protocols, and security will be on hand to enforce these protocols. If anyone is not following one or more of these safety measures they will be asked to leave.
The City understands the popularity of this valuable recreational space, and we want to make sure residents use it responsibly. These measures may be revisited at a later date if necessary. The city will of course comply with any and all future recommendations which may come from the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
If you have any questions please contact Supervisor of Recreation Services Jessica Parsons as email@example.com for more information.