Friday November 5th is Guy Fawkes Night. For the safety of residents, the Corner Brook Fire Department asks that anyone planning a fire to mark the occasion please fill out the attached form (link) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way, CBFD officials can be made aware of fires ahead of time and respond more efficiently should something occur.
If you decide to have a fire, please be safe and follow these guidelines:
- Use an appropriate and safe location, away from buildings or other combustibles.
- A responsible adult must supervise the fire at all times.
- Persons must burn only what is referred to as normal combustibles. (ie-wood, paper)
- No petroleum-based material is to be burned in the bonfire. (ie. Plastic, fuel, etc.)
- The bonfire’s size should not exceed the capacity of the extinguishing devices that are to be kept on-site and readily accessible. This may be in the form of approved Class A extinguishers or a garden hose.
- The bonfire shall not be lit when wind conditions are such that they may cause embers to ignite surrounding material or property.
- All fire must be extinguished before leaving.
Do not burn any materials other than dry, clean wood. Tires, plastics, and fuels, or other oil-based combustibles should not be used as per our bylaw (available here), and anyone found using these materials may be fined.
Please keep fires under control, and at a reasonable size. Questions can be forwarded to the Corner Brook Fire Department at 637-1620.