For the information of residents: Beginning May 15, 2022, and lasting until November 15, 2022, All Terrain Vehicles will be allowed to operate on the following roadways in The City of Corner Brook:
- Riverside Drive.
- Main Street.
- Herald Avenue.
- Pier Road.
- Paved trail between Pier Road and Griffin Drive.
- Petries Street.
- Hilliard’s Road.
- West Street.
- Park Street.
- Confederation Drive.
- Lundrigan Drive.
They must remain on the designated route, and restrict travel between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. each day. An interactive map of the route and amenities can be found at www.cornerbrook.com/atv-routes.
Operators must follow these guidelines in order to operate their ATV on the select routes:
- Driver must be at least 16 years of age.
- Driver must possess a driver’s license.
- Driver must possess liability insurance.
- Driver must follow the rules outlined in the Highway Traffic Act and Motorized Snow Vehicle & All-Terrain Vehicle Act.
Rules of the road for ATVs:
- 40km/hr on paved roadways.
- 20km/hr on pathways.
- No modifications to mufflers to make it sound louder.
- Yield right-of-way to other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Dirt bikes, trikes, and other 2-3 wheeled motorized vehicles are prohibited.
ATV Operators can apply for a special permit so they can access designated routes from their homes. The form is available online at www.cornerbrook.com/atv-permit. Due to the large volume of permit applications early in the season, please allow 5-7 business days for your application to be processed. People with a 2021 Permit can continue to use those for the 2022 season so long as they do not have a new vehicle, need a new route nor have new riders which must be added. If these details must be changed, please proceed through the regular permitting process.
If an ATV operator comes up on a bicycle rider, runner or walker, they must wait until it is safe to pass and then do so with at least one metre of space. If a car comes up on an ATV operator, they must wait until it is safe to do so and then pass with at least one metre of space.