The City of Corner Brook has adopted new regulations for discharging fireworks within City limits. The new regulations can be viewed here (link).
Some highlights include:
- To discharge fireworks, one must be over 18 years of age.
- Fireworks cannot be discharged when wind speed exceeds 40kph.
- Fireworks must be discharged at least 24 metres away from any building, tent, camp, shelter or motor vehicle.
- Fireworks must be 300 metres away from any hospital, nursing home, health lodge, home for the aged, or place of worship, unless consent has been given by the organization in writing.
- There must always be a means of fire suppression nearby such as a garden hose, bucket of water or fire extinguisher.
Fireworks can only be discharged on New Years Eve and Canada Day between 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. the following morning. These times are to accommodate young families as well as adult residents, and are designated so that residents with hyper-sensitivity or those with pets can prepare. Outside of these dates / times, a permit must be issued from the City of Corner Brook Fire Department.
City of Corner Brook
Office: (709) 637-1662
Cell: (709) 632-8113