What is the Assistance to Women Entrepreneurs of Small Or Medium Enterprises (AWESOME) Program?
The AWESOME program provides a tax break for small or medium businesses owned by women entrepreneurs. The eligible businesses will have their business taxes waived for two years. The details of the program and eligibility criteria are available in the program guidelines. Program Highlights
For this program, a Small and Medium enterprise will be defined as a business that meets both the following conditions:
- Having not more than fifteen (15) full-time employees
- Annual sales turnover of less than $1 million
A business will be recognized as one owned by women, if any of the following conditions are met:
- Sole proprietorship of a woman entrepreneur
- At least 50% combined ownership held by all women partners in case of partnership business
- At least 50% combined shareholding held by all women shareholders in case of incorporated business
The applications will be reviewed for approval as below:
- All new businesses
- Businesses that were registered with the City within the last three (3) years from the day of receiving application. Other businesses will generally not be considered. However, on a case by case basis, these may be considered based on their demonstrated need.
The City of Corner Brook reserves the right to accept or reject any application, without assigning any reasons. The decision of the City will be final and binding.
There is no deadline for this program. There will be ongoing intake and review of applications.
How do I apply?
Please review the program guidelines and submit the application form with details/documents to:
City of Corner Brook
5 Park Street, PO Box: 1080
Corner Brook, NL A2H 6E1
Email submission of application is preferred.