An Important Connection:
As of June 1st, 2019, recreational “All-Terrain” vehicles have been allowed within city limits of Corner Brook along a designated route.
This pilot project was implemented with consultations from the ATV-ing community and the general public. The goal was to connect the East and West ends of Corner Brook, allowing ATV operators access to trails as well as amenities such as accommodations and stores while journeying around the province. This initiative proved to be a huge success and will return for 2020.
ONLY ONE ROUTE through the City of Corner Brook has been designated for ATV use.
The route primarily follows the waterfront with the exception of a venture through Main Street and Broadway for basic amenities. Park St. and West St. have been added as of 2020.
- Riverside Drive.
- Main Street.
- Herald Avenue.
- Pier Road.
- Paved trail between Pier Road and Griffin Drive.
- Petries Street.
- Hilliard’s Road.
- Park St.
- West. St.
- A small portion of Central St. linking West St. and Park St.
- Todd St.
- Chestnut St.
- Confederation Dr.
The use of ATV within the City will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
The following strict conditions are in effect for the operation of ATVs on the route for operators (and passengers where applicable):
- Drivers MUST stay on the designated route only.
- All drivers must obey the Highway Traffic Act and Motorized Snow Vehicle and All-Terrain Vehicles Act.
- The maximum speed is 40 kilometers per hour on the road and 20 kilometers on pathways.
- All ATV/UTVs must be registered, drivers must possess a valid licence, and liability insurance.
- Operators must be at least 16 years of age.
- All ATVs must meet requirements as outlined under provincial legislation. Residents should ensure that their ATVs meet these specifications before operation on roadways.
- ATVs are NOT permitted to operate on public roads between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. on any day of the week.
- ATV operation season will only be in effect from June 01st to October 31st
- An ATV/UTV will be disallowed if it is modified and no longer meets the statutory description, such as the use of high-pressure tires, or muffler modifications.
- Dirt bikes, trikes, and other 2-3 wheeled vehicles are prohibited.
Under the municipal ATV by-law the following types of ATVs are permitted:
- Single-rider ATVs (4 wheeler)
- Two-Up ATVs
- Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTVs)
There is an interactive map below for ATV enthusiasts visiting the City of Corner Brook that outlines the route and amenities. Users can find coffee shops, gas, restaurants and shopping.
The online map provide a diversity of viewing options for exploring Corner Brook’s services, and roads. People can choose from canvas views, street view, topographic map view, terrain map view, or a imagery view.
Use your zoom to see the route and the services
Legend, Filter Items, Layers List
Background Information: ATV Test Route In Corner Brook
Public Notice: Feedback Sought On Recreational Vehicles Regulation Bylaw
ATV Route: Map