ACTIVE PLAN AMENDMENTS
THE CITY OF CORNER BROOK
URBAN AND RURAL PLANNING ACT
NOTICE OF REGISTRATION
Municipal Plan/Development Regulation Amendment No. 21-02
TAKE NOTICE that the CITY OF CORNER BROOK Municipal Plan Amendment MP 21-01 and Development Regulations DR 21-01 , adopted on the 25th day of April, 2022 and approved on the 22nd day of June, 2022, have been registered by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Environment.
The principal purpose of the Amendments is to allow the development of the Mini Home subdivision (Valley View Estates). The proposed amendments are map amendments to the IMSP and DR. An approval of the series of inter related rezonings on O’Connell Drive will achieve the following:
- To enlarge the existing Mobile/Mini Home Residential (MHR) zone to permit a new 50 unit Mini Home Subdivision (Valley View Estates);
- To enlarge the existing George Daddy Dawe Memorial Soccer Pitch area to allow room for a new 50 stall gravel parking lot for the soccer pitch by changing Rural (R) lands to Open Space (OS);
- To remove the current non-conforming status of an existing, developed, single residential property, by changing the property zone from Comprehensive Residential Density Area (CRDA) to Residential Medium Density (RMD);
- To provide additional RMD sites to be developed with access via Hilliard’s Road;
- To provide additional OS zoned lands adjacent the George Daddy Dawe Memorial Soccer Pitch and O’Connell Drive as additional amenity space;
- To provide additional OS zoned lands to supplement the OS protection for the existing watercourse, Petries Brook, as well as provide additional amenity space for uses such as Community Gardens.
The CITY CORNER BROOK Amendment No. 21-02 come into effect the day this notice is published in the Newfoundland and Labrador Gazette. Anyone wishing to inspect a copy of the CORNER BROOK Municipal Plan Amendment No. 21-02 and Development Regulations Amendment No. 21-02 may do so at City Hall, Corner Brook during normal business hours.
CITY OF CORNER BROOK
The Newfoundland and Labrador Gazette, August 5, 2022
The West Coast Wire, August 17, 2022