Thank you for connecting with the City of Corner Brook on social media. We hope that the content we share on various social media platforms is informative and helps you better understand the services provided by your municipal government.
What you can expect?
While there may be opportunities to engage in dialogue with followers, our communications staff may not always reply or acknowledge comments or inquires made through social media. If you have a concern or complaint in relation to matters such as your property, snow clearing, City infrastructure, street maintenance, or a City building please call 709-637-1666 to connect with our 24/7 Customer Service Line for registration. Complaints posted to social media do not provide the City with the required notice and will not result in your matter being put in the queue for follow up by City staff.
If you require any emergency service (medical, police, fire or similar) please call 9-1-1 to connect with the appropriate service provider.
Things to Consider:
- The social media accounts for the City of Corner Brook and the Corner Brook Civic Centre are maintained by staff.
- Our accounts are typically monitored during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Mon-Fri) unless otherwise specified. Messages sent on weekends or holidays may not be answered for some time.
- By contacting us through social media, you acknowledge that any response we provide to you through the site is intended to provide helpful information and is not considered definitive advice or guaranteed to solve your issue.
- The views of those who comment on the City of Corner Brook’s social media sites do not necessarily represent the views of the City of Corner Brook.
- Comments and links to third party websites that may be posted on City of Corner Brook’s social media sites are not affiliated with or endorsed by the City.
- We cannot guarantee a response to a direct message through social media.
- Comments that mislead as to your identity or the origin of the posted content, or falsely claim to represent a person, organization or entity;
- Comments that are in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right or that promotes any illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right;
- Comments that are abusive, hateful, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, vulgar, obscene, offensive, tortious, profane, or discriminatory in any way;
- Any comment that incites hatred, racism, bigotry, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any individual or class of individuals contrary to a prohibited ground of the
Human Rights Act;
- Sexually explicit or violent imagery or links;
- Business solicitation, or “spamming”;
- Off topic or irrelevant comments;
- False or misleading information;
- Allegations that may be considered inaccurate or defamatory regarding The City;
- Profanity of any kind; and
- Information that violates an individual’s or group’s privacy.
Do not post personal information of yourself or others on social media. For tips on how to protect yourself and your privacy using social media, visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s website.
Requests for Sharing Third-Party Content (Events, Information, etc)
The City does not share or endorse third-party content on our official social media channels unless The City is involved in some capacity; either through grants, in-kind support or the use of City facilities. In rare cases where sharing third-party content is deemed necessary for strategic partnerships, collaborations or other exceptional circumstances, approval from the Communications Officer is required.
By refraining from sharing third-party content, we mitigate the risk of inadvertently endorsing or promoting external entities, opinions, or viewpoints that may not align with The City’s values or objectives.
The City does not share political content, however it may occasionally help spread necessary safety and weather information on behalf of our Provincial and Federal counterparts for information purposes only. Any inquiries regarding said content should be directed at the applicable government authority.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Use of our social media sites and their contents is at your own risk. They and all of their content are provided “as is”. You must not rely on any content published on or linked from our social media sites without first making your own inquiries to verify it is accurate, current and complete. We cannot guarantee that all information is current or accurate. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representations, warranties, covenants and conditions, express or implied, arising out of operation of law, course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade or otherwise, including any express or implied warranties and conditions of: merchantability; merchantable quality; fitness for a particular purpose; non-infringement; safety; quality; freedom from defects or that defects will be corrected; uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free use of our social media sites; or accuracy, currency, reliability, completeness or appropriateness relating to the content of them.
The City of Corner Brook and its employees will not be liable for any loss or damages of any nature, either direct or indirect, arising from use of the information provided or connected with our social media sites, or information provided at any other site that can be accessed from our social media sites.