City Council generally meets every Monday night as follows:
1st and 3rd Monday of every month – Regular Council Meeting
2nd Monday of every month – Council in Committee Meeting
4th Monday of every month – Meeting with Delegations
Council Meetings take place in Council Chambers on the 2nd floor of City Hall, 5 Park Street, Corner Brook.
Regular meetings of Council are held on the first and third Monday of every month starting at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. These meetings are open to the public. However, with the exception of petitions, members of the public are not invited to speak at these meetings.
Rogers Cable records only one of the Regular Council Meetings per month, which is the third Monday. This meeting can be viewed on Rogers Cable Channel 9 in Corner brook at 9:00 p.m. on the evening of the meeting with a repeat showing on Sunday at 9:00 p.m. For further information regarding this please contact Rogers Cable.
The Agendas for Regular Council Meetings are posted on the City’s website on the Friday prior to the scheduled meeting.
Minutes of Regular Council Meetings are posted online and are accessible once the Minutes have been approved by Council.
Dates for upcoming Regular Council Meetings can be found on the home page on the Calendar of events.
Special Council Meetings are held to deal with emerging issues on an unscheduled basis. These meetings will be held in the Council Chambers.
Any group requesting a meeting with Council is required to submit a letter in writing to the attention of Mayor and Council. The letter should clearly outline the purpose of the meeting.
The request for a meeting will be brought before Council for consideration at a Council in Committee Meeting. If a group is granted a meeting they will be limited to twenty minutes for a presentation and ten minutes for questions and answers.
The procedure for requesting a meeting is as follows:
1. Submit a letter in writing to the attention of Mayor and Council clearly outlining the purpose of the meeting.
2. The request for a meeting will be brought before Council for consideration at a Council in Committee Meeting.
3. The City Clerk’s office will notify you of Council’s decision regarding your meeting request.
4. If granted a meeting, the City Clerk’s office will notify you of the meeting date.
5. Where possible groups are asked to provide a written copy of their submission before 4:00 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the council meeting so the information can be included in the Council Package.
City Clerk’s Office